The 2014 Conference featured:
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Prof. Meir Litvak, Tel Aviv University, “Rouhani’s Iran: How Real is the Change?”
- SPECIAL REMARKS: Amb. Lukman Faily, Ambassador of the Republic of Iraq to the United States.
- Roundtable discussions on “The Sunni-Shia Sectarian War Across the Sykes-Picot Line,” “Trends in Anti-Semitism in the Middle East,” “Iraq: Failure or Federalism,” “Boko Haram: Islamism and Anarchy to What End?” and more.
- Panel presentations on scholarly topics from Middle Eastern and African studies, and related disciplines.
- Banquet luncheon and professional networking reception.
- Film screenings.
- Displays by publishers of the latest academic titles.
Read the STORY by Rudaw, the Kurdish media network, on the ASMEA Conference roundtable discussion on “The Sunni-Shia Sectarian War Across the Sykes-Picot Line” with H.E. Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir and scholars from the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.