October 29 – 31, 2015 |Key Bridge Marriott Hotel | Washington, D.C.
The 2015 Conference featured:
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Prof. Samir Khalil Samir, SJ, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, “The Fate of Middle East Christians.”
- SPECIAL REMARKS: H.E. Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman, Kurdistan Regional Government Representative to the United States.
- Roundtable discussions:
- “The Spill-Over: The Sunni Jihadis of Syria/Iraq and their Impact on the Middle East Region”
- “Jewish-Christianity and the Origins of Islam”
- “Cultures of War: U.S. Military Training in the Middle East and Africa”
- “United Kurdistan: Distant Dream or Emerging Reality?”
- Panel presentations on scholarly topics from Middle Eastern and African studies, and related disciplines.
- Banquet luncheon and professional networking reception.
- Film screenings.
- Displays by publishers of the latest academic titles.