Third Annual ASMEA Conference
The Middle East and Africa in the 21st Century:
Local Trends, Regional Challenges, Global Impacts
November 4-6, 2010 | Key Bridge Marriott Hotel | Washington, D.C.
The third annual conference of the Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) was held November 4-6, 2010 at the Key Bridge Marriott in Washington, D.C.
ASMEA’s 2010 conference featured:
- Special address by ASMEA Chairman Prof. Bernard Lewis.
- Banquet luncheon and keynote address by Dr. Leslie H. Gelb, president emeritus, Council on Foreign Relations.
- Featured presentations by top policymakers and scholars like Dr. Gérard Prunier, Dr. Bassam Tibi, RADM Terry McKnight (USN, ret.), Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney (USAF, ret.), CAPT Chuck Nash (USN, ret.).
- Roundtable discussions on: “Turkey’s Future as a Democratic Ally,” “Iran’s Nuclear Program: The Military Option,” “The Future of Military Operations in the Horn of Africa,” and “Eritrea and its Discontents.”
- Professional networking reception.
- Publishers’ displays with the latest academic titles.
- In addition, read Prof. Donovan Chau’s account of the Conference here.