4th Annual ASMEA Conference
Out of the Past, Into the Future:
Reflections on the Middle East and Africa
November 3-5, 2011
Key Bridge Marriott Hotel, Washington, D.C.
The 2011 conference featured:
· Keynote address by His Excellency Barham Salih, Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region.
· Remarks by His Excellency Ali Suleiman Aujali, Ambassador of Libya.
· Featured presentations by top policymakers and scholars.
·Roundtable discussions on "Turkey as a Democratic Ally under the AKP," "The Saddam Tapes, 1978-2001: The Inner Workings of a Tyrant's Regime," and "Syria's Freedom Revolution: The Struggle for a Post-Assad Future"
· Panels with the lastest academic research on "The Egyptian Feminist Movement," "Islamic Anti-Semitism and the Arab-Zionist Conflict," "Museveni in Uganda," "The Hidden Imam and Khomeini's Revolution," and many more in Middle Eastern and African studies, and related disciplines.
· Banquet luncheon and professional networking reception.
· Displays by publishers of the latest academic titles.